- This event has passed.
Bergental Virtual Campfire Bardic Champion (online event)
August 1 @ 1:00 pm – 4:00 pm
Greetings unto the great populace of the East!
As we miss our friends, campfires, and gatherings, it is our intention to have a virtual event to alleviate our situation. To that end the Baron of Bergental and his Bardic Champion, Sir Tomaz, are pleased to invite any and all that would compete for a chance to stand as the next Baronial Bardic Champion. The plan is that Zoom will open at 1 PM and at 1:30 PM we will start competition.
Format and Rules are as follows:
– Anyone is welcome to compete for the title of champion provided:
– You are willing to represent the barony in the discipline that you have become champion in.
– You are willing to encourage others to try to participate in this discipline, especially newcomers.
– You are willing to participate in kingdom events in your discipline as a champion of the barony.
– All competitors should come prepared with 3 pieces. This includes one original piece of any format (song, story, poem, boast) written in praise of the previous baronesses (as a whole) of Bergental.
– This will be a 2 round competition.
– 1st Round – a poll of the audience on Zoom as to which choice the competitor will perform. Huzzah for audience participation!
– Bergental Baroness praise piece.
– Piece of the performer’s choice.
– The Baron chooses!
– 2nd Round – Top 3
– Whichever piece (praise piece or artist’s choice) was not performed in the first round.
Audience participation: To be respectful of the performers everyone who enters the Zoom room will be defaulted to a muted setting. We will unmute all at the end of each performance for applause and encouragement. Feel free to use the reactions in the chat window, leave a comment in the chat, or use the ASL sign for applause as non verbal cheer options.
There is a high probability that the performance portions of the event will be recorded for the artists and for posterity. There will be a notification and disclaimer prior to room entry if this is the case.